Diwrnod saith: Tro gan Gogledd Cymru; Arfordir a Chefn Gwlad ar Gefn Beic (2021)

All packed up and ready to go


Epilogue

Part one: Equipment

I know some folk like an organized kit list and/or photo. Can't say it was always this neat and ship-shape on the trip.

I think that's why we prefer a before or after shot!

The tarp was being used in anger for the first time. The sleeping pad for the last time, as it had already been repaired twice before.

I like to carry a separate radio on my bike-packing and backpacking trips; one that can receiver LW (i.e. 
BBC Radio 4), as you can usually get LW reception anywhere in the UK, including in the hills...it's to do with long waves matching the gaps in the hills.

There were a few other sundry items: spare batteries, tent repair material.

The food in the blue bag: Mixed nuts/salted peanuts, raisins, bulgur wheat, brown rice(quick cook), red lentils, stock cubes, green mint tea, instant coffee, brown sugar, cereal bars.


Main kit used:      

  Claud Butler MTB (£90 2nd hand)

  Head torch and bike lights
                                    
   2x Water bottles

   2 x mobile phones

    1x battery pack

    1x radio (including LW)
                 
     DD Superlight Tarp

     1x Pitch pole(Vango)

     Sleeping bag (plus silk liner)

     Groundsheet#1

     Cheap poncho (groundsheet#2) 

     Bivvy bag

     Bug net

      3/4 sleeping pad 

      Cooking: 2x Ti mugs 
                                                  
      DIY spirit burner
     (recycled energy drink can)
    
      Fuel: Bioethanol

      Bags: Topeak Backloader (10L)
                                                                                
                Midloader(3L)
                                                                                 
                Carradice Barley(8L)
                                              
                Planet X top tube bag

                6x bungees, 1x web net


All kit used...apart from the inner tubes/puncture repair kit/pump



Part two: Reclaiming my lost phone 

The following Wednesday I returned to Llandudno on the train to collect my lost mobile phone from the Police Station. I had communicated with them by text message (DM) to confirm they had it.

I got off the train at Llandudno Junction thinking it would be not too far to walk to Llandudno...just across town surely. Well no! Its quite far, a completely different town altogether. I was trudging the NCN5 lanes, recognizing many of the features I had cycled along a week  earlier, when I came across a young man walking a dog.

I asked him for directions to Llandudno and explained why I was going there. Bryn very kindly insisted that he take me there in his car as he had to run an errand  into town anyway. So we walked the five minutes to his house, he took the dog in and then drove me straight to the Police Station. 

He even offered to take me back to Llandudno Junction, but I told him he had done more than enough. 

In Llandudno I had ninety minutes to kill around the town before collecting my phone from the Police Station in the agreed time-slot.

Taking in the sea air on the promenade in-front of the Great Orme I got to watch some of the retro motor vehicles setting out on the Three Castles vintage rally event.  

At 2 pm I collected my phone  at the station reception. It was in an envelope so I opened it to check...just in case. It was mine so all was well, as you will know if you have seen the day one pictures from this tour.

I caught a train back to Llandudno Junction to connect to the main-line. I'll know in future, but then again...the kindness of strangers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirwnod Un: Taith feiciau Ynys Mon (2022)

Dales and Lakes Bicycle Tour 2020: Day 1

Dirwnod dau: Taith feiciau Ynys Mon (2022)